Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Welcome to SEE (Somerville Early Education)


Contact paper and tissue paper collage, on the
door of the Healey Head Start Pre-K
Greetings from Lisa Kuh, the new Director of Early Education, Somerville Public Schools

I am excited to join the early childhood community in Somerville! My role in the Somerville Public Schools will help us to understand and support programming for young children. I will be working with public and private programs, childcare centers, and family childcare. I plan to do a lot of listening, watching, and learning. 
 
Some of the questions I will be asking are:
  • Somerville has over 600 four-year olds – how will we ensure that they are all ready for kindergarten?   
  • What practices are making a difference for our youngest citizens?  
  • What do teachers and families need in order to prepare children for school?
I am visiting early childhood programs this fall to learn about what’s working and how we can build upon what is already in place. If you have something interesting going on let me know (lkuh@k12.somerville.ma.us), or visit me at my office at the Capuano. 

Check in each week to see what's new on this blog! We also have a Pinterest board where you can look at project ideas and some innovations that are happening in Early Childhood. Join us: Somerville Early Education on Pinterest.


Best,

Lisa Kuh




No comments:

Post a Comment